A double chin is a common occurrence in many people and can have many causes such as ageing, excess weight and sometimes even genetics. The slack skin or accumulated fat under your jaw looks like another chin right behind the real one. For those of us who are fastidious about our appearance, this can be quite a nuisance.
After all, we want to be or at least look toned but people with double chins should not be disheartened. All you need is patience and a search for a long lasting solution. See below for some top tips on how to get rid of a double chin.
1. Lose weight: As stated earlier, a double chin occurs because of excess weight. So, yes, you will have to lose weight to get rid of this problem. To lose weight everyone needs to incorporate a combination of change in diet and exercise in their lives. Reduce your intake of carbohydrates, fats, sugar, especially from processed foods. They are difficult for the body to break down and tend to get stored in areas like thighs, arms, chin, etc. As for exercise, start with brisk walking sand gradually start cardio exercises. Weight loss helps you get rid of the problem slowly and permanently. Also, you are gaining a better, fitter body, aren’t you?
2. Chin Exercises: There are some exercises that target specific areas especially when your looking for ways of how to get rid of a double chin. Here are some exercises to get your chin moving, tone the muscle, get rid of the excess fat and ultimately eliminate double chin:
Open your mouth wide. Move your lower jaw in an outward and upward direction as if biting off a giant apple. If you are doing it right, you will be able to touch your upper lip with your lower teeth and you will also feel a strain below your jaw. Repeat this 15 times. Raise your chin and move your mouth in a chewing motion. Keep doing this till you feel tension rising in your neck and jaw. Tilt back your head as much as you can and lower it. As you raise your chin and lower it, the muscles get toned and the fat accumulated there is burned away. Repeat this 15 times.
If you don’t want to be caught doing all this in the public, then you can simply chew gum, preferably sugar free to protect your teeth. The constant chewing motion will definitely burn the fat under your chin. By now you must have understood how important it is to keep your jaw constantly moving.
4. Correct your posture: Posture has a great bearing on your double chin. Do not lower your head or hunch over your desk. It only aids in making skin under your jaw loose and building up of fat there. You need to keep your back straight and your chin up. If you tend to slouch over your desk, invest in an ergonomic chair for your office. A proper posture not only helps you get rid of this, but also makes it less visible.
5. Make- up: This is a short term solution for your double chin problem., but its a great one to get rid of a double chin for a special occasion – fast! There are different techniques of shading that hides the double chin. People’s attention is diverted to your neckline, shoulders, cheeks, enhanced jaws and lips. No one will even have to look at the double chin.
6. Use a Chin Wrap: A chin wrap is great but underestimated tip on how to get rid of a double chin! For the wrap, you will need essential detox oil, olive oil, a plastic wrap and a towel. Mix 8 essential grapefruit oil with olive oil, 1/3rd cup. Do not use the essential oil alone. Using a cotton ball, rub this mixture all over your chin. Then, wrap your chin evenly using the plastic wrap starting from upper part of your head. Your chin should be completely wrapped. wrap a towel around the area leave it for 45 minutes.
Of course there are also cosmetic surgery ways of how to get rid of a double chin including liposuction and chin massage oil. There are companies that produce some creams and oils that go deep within and help you get rid of this. Choose the one that is natural and suits you best to get the fast and effective solution for your chin.